How Transportation Employee Scheduling Software Can Help Your Company
As a staff scheduler in the transportation industry, you face many challenges. Every time you build a schedule there are union requirements, legal requirements, and employee requests to consider. The scheduling process can be time-consuming and costly.
Fortunately, there are ways to make the complex task of scheduling workers easier.
Humanity is one of those ways. With Humanity you can manage your labor force more easily and improve your operation saving time and money in the process
Transportation companies deal with a host of unique challenges in managing employee scheduling demands. Whether you are tasked with planning shift schedules for airlines, railways or public transportation companies, Humanity employee scheduling software can streamline what can easily be considered an overwhelming process.
When it comes to staff scheduling within the transportation industry, Humanity automates the vast array of union requirements and collective bargaining agreement statutes while streamlining the scheduling process to an easily managed one that reduces or eliminates margins of error.
The result is a thoroughly integrated strategy for workforce scheduling that increases revenues in the process as Humanity:
- Generates employee schedules and staffing levels based on predicted passenger volume.
- Integrates shift bidding opportunities and their merger into employee scheduling.
- Automates individual staffing requests and vacation bidding.
- Enables staff to arrange shift trades themselves online.
- Automatically ensures the application of overtime equalization rules.
- Humanity is used in the Transportation Industry in multiple ways:
- Allows for the set-up of a separate schedule for all employees based on skills/positions/locations.
- Easily creates separate schedules for every possible transportation sector.
- Offers the option of individual schedule management to selected staff.
- Allows sector managers to oversee and control the shift trades, vacations, open and rotating shifts, etc.
- SMS notification system makes scheduling fast and easy.
Additional Benefits of Using Transportation Employee Scheduling Software in the Transportation Industry
- Reduces time spent by management juggling complex and often overwhelming schedules.
- Improves customer service by keeping adequate staff on hand at all times.
- Ends unnecessary overtime costs by projecting staff-to-traveler ratios.
- Reduces employee turnover by scheduling around each staff member’s individual shift preferences.
- Reduces unauthorized absences.
- Complies with Health & Safety, labor and union laws through scheduling.
Humanity allows you to manage your labor force and field services simultaneously, crucial to maximizing the standards of operation.
How Employee Scheduling Software Helps Transportation Company Managers
Humanity provides Transportation company managers the tools to get the right staff or crew member to each job at the right times. Bottom line: labor costs are lowered, efficiency improves and time once spent drafting complicated staff schedules is now spent managing the business of transportation.
- Efficiency improves
when the right person is scheduled for the job.
- Spend less time on scheduling tasks
and make fewer scheduling mistakes.
many otherwise time-consuming tasks.
Improves Employee Morale
- Enables workers
to manage their own shift trades.
- Integrates shift bidding
and employee scheduling.
- Send schedule reminders
through SMS messaging.
Makes Compliance Easier
- Provides better information
through up-to-date reports.
- Ensures that rules are met
for overtime equalization.
- Predicts passenger volumes
to help you determine staffing levels.